The German Resistance Memorial Center is still open.
To protect our visitors and staff, and due to Berlin's current protective regulations against SARS-CoV-2, please note the following information for your visit:
- From November 15, 2021, the 2G rule applies, restricting access to vaccinated and recovered visitors only.
- Visitors to the memorial center must present a valid certificate of vaccination or recovery.
- Visitors from 6 to 17 years of age are exempt from this requirement, but must present proof of a negative rapid antigen test from the day of the visit.
- School students up to and including 17 years of age are also exempt from the requirement, but must present their student ID or BVG school student ticket as proof of regular testing.
- Persons who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons are also exempt. They must present certification of a medical exemption and proof of a negative PCR test (taken no more than 48 hours previously)
- Before entering the exhibitions, please proceed to Reception on the first floor to show the relevant proof and a valid photo ID.
- If you have had contact to anyone infected with COVID-19 in the past 14 days or have an infection of the upper airways yourself, we must ask you to refrain from visiting the memorial center.
- Please disinfect your hands when entering the building.
- Visitors must wear an FFP2 mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Please observe the general distancing and hygiene rules for avoiding corona (SARS-CoV-2) infections.
- Only a limited number of visitors are allowed access to our exhibitions and reception areas at one time.
- You can view all exhibition rooms.
- For hygiene reasons, please only operate the media stations in the exhibition using a stylus pen (available at reception). Please return the stylus pen at the end of your visit. Thank you
- Until further notice, the German Resistance Memorial Center closes at 6 p.m. on Thursdays as on other days.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to your visit.
Gedenkstätte Deutscher Widerstand
German Resistance Memorial Center
Stauffenbergstraße 13 - 14
Entrance through the commemorative courtyard
Fon: +49-30-26 99 50 00
Fax: +49-30-26 99 50 10
Guided Tours and Seminars for Groups
You are now welcome to book group visits, guided tours, and on-site seminars. Depending on COVID-19 infection levels, on-site events may have to be rebooked.
Educational events are subject to the current access and hygiene regulations. We will provide important current information for booked events in good time for your visit.
As an alternative, we also offer online seminars. Please write to bildung(at)gdw-berlin.de if you would like to book an online seminar for your group or find out more. Further information is available here ...
As an alternative to an event at the historical site, we also offer online seminars free of charge. We are happy to advise you on this new educational tool. Further information is available here ...
Free public guided tours
The public guided tour (at 3 p.m. every Sunday) is unfortunately not possible until further notice.
Free audio guide
in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish or Turkish